Vessel Manager , Singapore
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION Vessel Manager sought by this global ship owner/operator! Ideally, our client is looking to hire an individual who has sailed as a Chief Engineer onboard tanker vessels but a second engineer with substantial technical experience will also be considered for this role. Based from the Singapore office and reporting to the Technical Director, you will be a part of a team of shipping professionals. If you have the relevant background or would like to know more about this exciting opportunity, please send through your application.
Please send a Word version of your updated CV and kindly remember to include only one personal email address ON the document to ensure that it gets captured on our (applicant tracking system) ATS.ABOUT OUR CLIENT Our client is a global shipping company that own and operate a fleet of vessels with their hallmark as having leading design and technology on board. They have a well-respected reputation and set the benchmark for providing a technologically superior shipping solution. THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTTo be shortlisted for this vacancy the candidate should present the following core skills and competencies (but not limited to):
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient technical management of the vessels assigned to you.
- Sailing experience as Chief Engineer and shore-based expedience as a Technical Superintendent on board tankers and have a mechanical or electrical engineering degree, a Second Engineer with substantial shore-based technical experience will also be considered for this role.
- Familiar with classification and industry related standards and regulations
- Relevant experience with focus on safety and performance KPI’s
- Experience in class, surveys and vessel certification
- Experience in CSO & ISM Auditor Qualification Course
- Flexible, forward thinking and strategic team player
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates that have the specific skills and experiences required to fulfill the responsibilities of the role will be contacted for a telephone interview by one of our consultants. Thereafter a detailed job description will be made available for discussion before CV’s are submitted to our client for review. REMUNERATION PACKAGEA competitive internationally market-related salary is on offer as well as standard company benefits. The role also offers the right candidates excellent career development opportunities coupled with the company’s growth strategy. Follow Red on LinkedInHenry FerreiraR1107871
- Overall management for vessels, budgets and cost efficient operation
- Security, safety awareness and training of seafarers
- Incident reporting, analysis of incidents and ensuring corrective and preventive action
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant industry regulations