Technical Superintendent, Tanker , Angola
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, a diversified maritime company is looking for an experienced Tanker Technical Superintendent for their coastal tanker fleet operating off the West Coast of Africa. This role will report to the Fleet Manager and supervise the Technical crew onboard assigned vessel/s. Please send a Word version of your updated CV and kindly remember to include only one personal email address ON the document to ensure that it gets captured on our (applicant tracking system) ATS.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is an integrated maritime company with activities in Ship Management and other related segments.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTThe successful applicant should hold an Engineering/Marine Engineering degree. You would have sailed as a Chief Engineer with 3 to 5 years’ experience onshore working as a Technical Superintendent /Class Surveyor or Naval construction.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe main job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates that have the specific skills and experiences required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role will be contacted for a telephone interview by one of our consultants. Thereafter a detailed job description will be made available for discussion before CV’s are submitted to our client for review. REMUNERATION PACKAGEAttractive and competitive market-related salary and benefits package is on offer. Follow Red on LinkedInTracey Lee ShearerR1107872
- Responsible for daily management of assigned vessel/s in relation to the safety of the vessel/crew/cargo, seaworthiness, operation, statutory requirements, technical operations, quality maintenance and cost efficiency.
- Performs other functions or participates in ad-hoc projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Financial Responsibilities - Planning and Budgeting, Resource Management.
- Business Process - Computer and Business Systems Application, Vessel Management, Claims Administration, Report Preparation, Officer Evaluation, Communication, Policy Formulation, Process Improvement, Quality, Safety and Security Standards.
- Commercial, HR and self-development.