Service Manager , Singapore
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTIONService Manager required by our client who supports ship owners in their daily operations as well as installation requirements. Based from the Singapore office and reporting to the GM, this role will require an individual with an Electronic or Telecommunication background and who is experienced in service coordination.
Please send a Word version of your updated CV and kindly remember to include only one personal email address ON the document to ensure that it gets captured on our (applicant tracking system) ATS.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client, a European headquartered Marine Service provider, provide service solutions as well as bespoke project solutions to ship owners. They have a global footprint of service, new build and support locations in thirty countries worldwide. Their solutions include Telecommunications, Automation, Navigation, refrigeration, propulsion Fire Protection technology.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
The successful applicant should hold a Degree in Telecommunication and Electronics Engineering with a minimum of eight years hands-on experience in a supervisory role, service coordination and technical services. You should possess good business insight and product knowledge of marine and land systems. Your soft skills should include excellent managerial and technical skills with good communication and technical skills. You should be outgoing, and customer oriented individual and able to work in a 24/7 environment.
The main job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Source for reliable and suitable sub-contractor for service jobs
- Ensure proper documentation and completion of service process and job sheets for billing.
- Ensure that all activities are by ISO standards and procedures.
- Oversee service activities and responsible for all service calls.
- Handle customer disputes, negotiate on quotation to customers / from subcontractors and manage COD service cases.
- Lead and provide technical leadership to a team of service engineers and provide technical advice to commercial sales, project, service departments and service coordinators.
- Keep up-to-date of the latest technological development and new products in the marine, offshore and onshore systems.
- You will be the main point of contact to the client in sharing, educating and resolving all complex technical issues and queries.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates that have the specific skills and experiences required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role will be contacted for a telephone interview by one of our consultants. After that, a detailed job description will be made available for discussion before CV’s are submitted to our client for review.
Attractive and competitive market-related salary and benefits package is on offer.
Follow Red on LinkedIn