Purchaser , Singapore
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION Purchaser sought by this global ship owner/operator! Based from the Singapore office and reporting to the Vessel Manager, this role will manage the entire purchasing function of the Singapore fleet of vessels. If you have worked as a purchaser or in a similar role or would like to know more about this exciting opportunity, please send through your application.
Please send a Word version of your updated CV and kindly remember to include only one personal email address ON the document to ensure that it gets captured on our applicant tracking system.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a global shipping company that own and operate a fleet of vessels with their hallmark as having leading design and technology on board. They have a well-respected reputation and set the benchmark for providing a technologically superior shipping solution.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
To be shortlisted for this vacancy the candidate should present the following core skills and competencies (but not limited to):
- A team player with a good working attitude and willing to learn.
- Dynamic, independent and hard working.
- A minimum of 3 years in the maritime industry with at least two years spent in procurement/purchasing.
- Ability to demonstrate strong negotiation skills regarding purchasing terms and discounts.
- Hands on experience using ShipNet.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Min. diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Prior experience in vessel procurement is preferred.
- Good basic IT skills. Good knowledge of Microsoft suite is advantageous.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Source for all goods and services and to ensure that all purchases made through the Purchase Department are properly authorised and conforms to prices, quality specifications and standard.
- Prepare Purchase Order, follow-up with suppliers for prompt delivery and quality products.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive information on all purchases made and ensure that all purchasing records are updated and filed accordingly.
- Prepare weekly and monthly purchasing report to Vessel Manager.
- Update weekly order status to vessels.
- Liaise with Freight Forwarder for shipments arrangement to the vessel.
- Any other duties related to purchasing as assigned by Vessel Manager.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates that have the specific skills and experiences required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role will be contacted for a telephone interview by one of our consultants. After that, a detailed job description will be made available for discussion before CV’s are submitted to our client for review.
A competitive internationally market-related salary is on offer as well as standard company benefits. The role also offers the right candidates excellent career development opportunities coupled with the company’s growth strategy.
Follow Red on LinkedIn