Commercial Business Development Manager - LNG , Singapore
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTIONCommercial Business Development Manager sought by a North European owned company who have worldwide operations in the LNG industry. The objective of this role will be to secure long-term contracts with strong counterparts and good returns.
Reporting to the General Manager of Gas Solutions South East Asia, this role will involve growing the business development portfolio in the Asia region. The position is based from the Singapore office.
Please send a Word version of your updated CV and kindly remember to include only one personal email address ON the document to ensure that it gets captured on our (applicant tracking system) ATS.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a leader in providing floating LNG regasification services and listed on the stock exchange in Oslo. The group have offices in Asia, Northern Europe and North America. They are well positioned to expand into the growing offshore marketplace. They provide floating energy solutions and operates worldwide with a leading position as owner and operator of floating LNG import terminals; floating storage and regasification units (FSRUs), and is an experienced operator of LNG Carriers (LNGCs). They are a leading provider of floating LNG solutions and continue to grow in the FSRU market.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
The successful applicant will Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Economics related discipline and have spent a minimum of five years in the O&G industry of which a minimum of 3 years in the LNG industry working as a Business Development professional.
Key skills for this role will be strong number skills and hands-on financial modelling experience to build financial models that quantify the financial implications regarding proposals to clients. Also, project management experience and the ability to present to senior level executives is required.
Ideally, you would have experience with China in the FSRU / LNG industry, alternatively with Oil & Gas background. You must have the ability and willingness to travel extensively to customer’s premises at short notice. You will have the ability to identify and realise new business opportunities and energy and drive to work as a solution oriented individual. Your soft skills should include good communication ability and with a solid command of written and spoken in both English and Mandarin.
- Monitor the market to ensuring relevant market data is collected, followed up on and logged and stored.
- Build up and maintain extensive market knowledge.
- Create and updating internal models for data and market intelligence.
- Provide the BD team with a sound intelligence allowing them to evaluate opportunities.
- Responsible for making calculations that form the basis of the financial information used in the proposals.
- Responsible for preparing selected proposal/following up business opportunities independently.
- Support the General Manager regarding origination, preparing proposals and participating in contract negotiation.
- Develop projects assigned and take the lead to develop required bid/tender material.
- Responsible for supporting the business development process, as well as maintaining and developing business contacts.
- Lead the selected business development activities until the completion of the contract negotiations.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with prospective customers, partners, and brokers.
- Initiate and maintain cooperation with other parts of the organisation, ensuring timely and accurate information flow from and to the Business Development activities.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates that have the specific skills and experiences required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role will be contacted for a telephone interview by one of our consultants. Thereafter a detailed job description will be made available for discussion before CV’s are submitted to our client for review.
A market-related salary based on the level of responsibility for this role is on offer.
Follow Red on LinkedIn